Insights in Nutrition & Metabolism: Food Science Technology
What is Food Science?
• Food science is the study of the physical, biological, and chemical makeup of food; the causes of food deterioration; and the concepts underlying food processing.
• Food scientists and technologists apply scientific disciplines including chemistry, engineering, microbiology, and nutrition to the study of food to improve the safety, nutrition, wholesomeness and availability of food.
• Depending on their area of specialization, food scientists may develop ways to process, preserve, package, and/or store food according to industry and government specifications and regulations.
What is Food Technology?
• Food technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe food.
• Related fields include analytical chemistry, biotechnology, engineering, nutrition, quality control, and food safety management.
What is Food Processing and Manufacturing?
• Food processing is the treatment of food substances by changing their properties to preserve it, improve its quality or make it functionally more useful.
• Food processors take raw animal, vegetable, or marine materials and transform them into edible products through the application of labor, machinery, energy, and scientific knowledge.
• Chemical, biological, and mechanical processes are used to convert relatively bulky, perishable, and typically inedible food materials into shelf-stable, convenient, and palatable foods and beverages.
• Food processing is one of the largest manufacturing industries in the United States.
• According to the FDA, there are approximately 44,000 food processors and 113,000 food warehouses in the U.S. that provide processed foods to our country, and exports throughout the world. The processors include canners, producers, wineries, and other food and beverage manufacturers and distributors.
• There are more than 1.2 million retail food facilities (restaurants, grocery stores, and others) that serve or sell foods directly to consumers.
The Journal publishes papers/articles of or related to nutrition, diet, nutrition disorders and metabolism. It is of immense pleasure to invite Researchers to this inaugural issue for “Insights in Nutrition & Metabolism”
The Journal Considers Editorial, letter, case reports, short communications, original and review articles from leading scientists and scholars around the world in all areas of food, nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, pathology and medicine.
Authors can directly submit the article through online link: https://www.scholarscentral.org/submissions/insights-nutrition-metabolism.html or as an attachment to this
E-mail : email@example.com
The articles once published can be accessed freely.
Insights in Nutrition and Metabolism